CI Project Manager
The organisation is a global supplier of advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and land-based applications and repairs. The company refurbishes and manufactures engine components, and designs and manufactures FAA-approved replacement parts for aircraft engines that are certified to meet or exceed the performance, reliability and durability specifications of original equipment manufacturer parts. In support of land-based vehicles, the organisation employs identical engineering disciplines used to produce its FAA-certified parts. The company serves commercial, military and industrial turbine engine operators worldwide.
The CI project manager sets up a sustainable project management program and leads improvement initiatives to support the realization of a world class manufacturing environment with the Holland facility. Ensures Safety, Quality, Delivery and Costs visibility by step-change improvement processes and systems using various improvement tools like Value Stream Mapping, Business Process Mapping, 8D, Root cause analyses, Kaizen Events, TPM, Flow, FIFO and Single point scheduling. A good engineering background will be beneficial working in a complex manufacturing environment.
The individual will need to drive change management, effectively communicate throughout the organization and collaborate to achieve target performance and share best practices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have significant project and leadership skills. The duties and responsibilities of the Continuous Improvement project Manager regularly performed for this position are:
- Leads project teams to develop and implement change projects that increase productivity, safety, quality and capacity.
- Planning of multiple strategic projects, provide best in class project management to be able to meet project timelines
- Leading the CPEx Deployment and to further develop a CPEx culture and provide technical support.
- Coordinate, lead and execute business process, product and technical improvements.
- Provide training and coaching in Six Sigma – Lean processes/tools
- Establish strategies, KPIs, priorities, project goals and assess results.
- Lead and/or supports projects to reduce scrap and rework, active support and implementation of improvements that meet the business target needs.
- Understand the KPI’s of the business and drive improvement actions to meet the industry targets.
- Provide regular and ongoing feedback regarding improvement opportunities to Site Leadership team and employees
- Facilitating, lead, run CPEx events (Kaizens) within the business
- Identify and eliminate process waste by continually driving a cultural shift in the organization with sustainable results.
- Monitor progress of improvement projects by establishing reporting process metrics, and creating business performance scorecards, providing regular business management metrics including cost/performance improvement and ROI.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in related discipline (e.g. engineering, operations management, business, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills.
- Operational Excellence training and/or certification (e.g. 6-Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement, etc.)
- 8-10 years of experience leading manufacturing or business organizations in the deployment of Operational Excellence
- Experience in successful deployment of Lean and Six Sigma tools, including: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Facilitation, Cellular Flow, Single-Minute Exchange of Dies, Process Flow Mapping, Kanban, Hoshin, Visual Controls, 6S, etc.
- Ability to engage others in, facilitate consensus, obtain buy-in of senior leadership and drive for successful adoption of change initiatives.
- A track record of continuous improvement efforts with proven timely successful sustained outcomes.
- Fluency in statistical process control techniques
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Successful completion of a Leadership development program is desirable
Critical Success Factors For This Role
- Analytical/critical thinking, information analysis, problem resolution skills
- Ability to engage others – fostering teamwork and building strong relationships, ability to understand others, lead teams and develop people.
- Ability to influence and build relationships, motivating and inspiring others through highly effective communication and exemplary presentation skills
- Ability to achieve business results through direct and indirect interaction, delivering business results under pressure, a champion of performance improvement with a strong customer focus
For further information contact Michiel Daamen +316-29422744
Trefwoorden: Lean, Continuous Improvement, Project Manager, Productie, Verspaning, Verbeterprojecten, Proces Improvement, Tilburg, Noord Brabant, Werktuigbouwkunde