The Company with offices located in Breda (the Netherlands) and Singapore, is the world's largest independent seaborne livestock carrier with more than 50 years’ experience. The fleet of modern, purpose-designed vessels is operated by highly qualified crew, in line with the most stringent international rules and regulations for animal transportation.
What will you do?
In this function, the Purchaser is responsible for:
- The Purchase of authorised goods and services, in accordance with legal and other relevant requirements and specifications. You also monitor and report in this context;
- Adhering to the Company order process, report any disruptions and take relevant action, if and when necessary;
- Maintaining regular contact with suppliers and evaluate their performance in accordance with the Company’s vendor-rating system.
You form part of a Ship Management Team, consisting of Superintendents and Purchasers. You report to the Manager Ship Management.
What do we offer?
We believe that to be an employer of choice, we need to take care of our employees.
This is why, if you join our Company, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Competitive terms and conditions;
- A wide range of development opportunities, including a (free) internal training programme and an annual personal budget of € 2.500 net that can be used for your own personal and professional development goals;
- A company restaurant, in which it is a pleasure to have lunch or conduct meetings;
- A salary in line with the market.
Who are we looking for?
Our preferred candidate has:
- A diploma in procurement and supply-chain management;
- Strong ability to work independently and in a structured manner;
- A minimum of one to two years’ experience in a similar position;
- Excellent negotiating skills;
- Good commercial awareness;
- Willingness to travel and ability to work well under pressure;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English are essential.
Only candidates eligible to live and work in the EU will be considered for this position.
For further information please contact Michiel Daamen, 06-29422744
Trefwoorden: Inkoop, Inkoper, Buyer, Logistiek, Shipmanagement, Maritiem, Supply-chain management, Supplychain